How can I get music therapy for my child?
Some children receive music therapy funded through the NHS or through their Statement of Special Educational Needs. If you are unable to access music therapy this way, we can organise sessions privately at our Bristol centre. Contact us to find out more about our services or to make a referral.

Can our organisation have a music therapist coming to us?
Yes. MusicSpace therapists work in a wide range of settings including children’s centres, opportunity groups, schools and residential homes throughout Bristol, B&NES, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire. Contact us to find out more about our outreach programme or to make a referral.

There is a resident in the home I work in who would benefit from music therapy. Could you see them?
Yes. We see people of all ages for music therapy at our Bristol centre and through our outreach programme. Contact us to find out more about our services or to make a referral.

What does a music therapy session cost?
This varies depending on whether sessions are individual or a group and where they take place (i.e. at our Bristol centre or as part of our outreach programme). Contact us for more information.

I am really interested in music therapy and would like to do work experience with you. Is that possible?
No. Unfortunately due to the confidential nature of the music therapy sessions we are unable to offer opportunities to work alongside our therapists.

Do you offer any workshops or taster sessions?
We run workshops and training in response to requests e.g. school inset days or taster sessions for service users. Contact us for more information.

How do I train to be a music therapist?
There are a number of postgraduate training courses in the UK that lead to an MA/MSC in music therapy.